AI (artificial intelligence) is becoming a more important tool in modern society, and more and more businesses are using it in their day-to-day work.
AI is used in industries like healthcare, finance, retail, and transportation to do things like automate routine tasks, make better decisions, and improve the customer experience.
For example, AI-powered chatbots have become a popular way for businesses to talk to their customers. Language-based models have also changed the way people work.
One example is Open AI’s Chat GPT, a powerful language-based model that has changed the digital world since it was first made. There is no doubt that AI opens up new chances that could make a big difference in the lives of billions of people.
The “Chat GPT” chatbot from Open AI has made a big splash in the market. Since this chatbot started working, it has been in the news every day until now. This chatbot did things that big tech companies couldn’t do in less than two months.
People started to think that ChatGPT would kill Google’s web search business before it even came out.
Well, Google has finally decided to answer the challenge and threat that Open AI and its chatbot backed by Microsoft pose. Google has released Bard, which is similar to ChatGPT but uses its own Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA).
Before we jump into which is better between ChaptGPT and Google Bard, let’s know something about these AI tools
So, What is ChatGPT?
AI chatbot ChatGPT was made by a company called OpenAI, which is based in San Francisco. Elon Musk and Sam Altman started OpenAI in 2015, and big companies like Microsoft have invested in it. Microsoft is helping with the project and has put $1 billion into it. They made the Azure AI Platform by working together.
It’s smart to make a connection between a person and a bot that works so well that it almost feels like a natural conversation. Unlike traditional methods, this technology uses AI algorithms to give users solutions just like a normal messaging app.
It is a chatbot with a large language model based on GPT-3.5. It can talk to you in a way that sounds like a conversation and give you answers that can be surprisingly human. Large language models can figure out what word will come next in a string of words.
Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback (RLHF) is an extra training layer that uses human feedback to teach ChatGPT how to follow directions and give answers that people like.
It was supposed to give answers based on how people feel, recognize words on their own, and give results based on what users put in.
Now, What is Google Bard?
Like ChatGPT, Google Bard is an AI-driven chatbot that can conversationally answer different questions.
It is a conversational AI made by Google and run by LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications). With the AI chatbot Bard, Google wants to combine the depth of human knowledge with the power, wit, and creativity of its large language models.
Bard will use the internet’s vast amount of information to give answers that are both original and right. Bard is being tested right now, and in a few weeks, everyone will be able to use it.
The blog post says that Bard will pull results from the web to give a new, high-quality answer. The user will be able to ask questions, and Bard will answer them in a way that’s similar to ChatGPT.
Google says that the model is currently a “lightweight” version of LaMDA, which means that it needs much less computing power and is therefore better than ChatGPT. This will help Google reach out to more people and hear from them more.
How to get started with ChatGPT?
It’s easy to understand and use Chat GPT. When you use it, one thing to keep in mind is that you need to put in questions to get a result.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get started with Chat GPT without any problems:
- Before you can use chat GPT, you have to sign up and make an account.
- When you go to the OpenAI website, the homepage will show up on your screen. Click the “Sign up” link from the menu.
- After you have successfully signed up for ChatGPT, your account will be checked out. If you signed up with your email address, you will get a verification email to that address.
- When you get the link on your phone, fill out the information asked for and then go on.
- To finish the verification process, click “Finish.”
- Once you have successfully made an account, you can use the Chat GPT for free for a short time.
For testing purposes:
- Enter a prompt in the text box at the bottom of the screen. This could be a direct query or demand. To submit, click the “paper aeroplane” icon.
- The response will be “typed” out by ChatGPT instantaneously. You can give feedback using the thumbs-up and thumbs-down buttons once it’s finished.
- Each question starts a conversation. You can change the subject completely or enter follow-up prompts. It will keep in mind what you’re saying.
- You can simply request a second attempt if you don’t think the response was satisfactory.
How to get started with Google Bard?
Google Bard is not yet open to the public for testing, but some people can use it. Google is making a “lightweight model version of LaMDA” that needs a lot less processing power. The Google Bard feature will be added to the search engine. So, when people use the search engine to look for something or ask a question, Bard will also make content related to the question.
Chat GPT Vs Google Bard: What advantage does Google Bard have over ChatGPT?
Even though Bard and Chat GPT are both language-based conversational AI models, their designs and intended uses are very different:
- Bard will use the data and sources that are already on the internet to get information. Chat GPT only knows about events that happened until 2021. Bard, on the other hand, will have access to the most recent date and will be able to give more up-to-date information.
- Bard will work with Google’s search engine and have access to a lot of data. This will give it an advantage over Chat GPT, which is supported by Microsoft.
- Chat GPT is known to get some facts wrong and make stuff up, but Google’s Bard AI is thought to give users more accurate information.
- Bard AI has an advantage over other AI platforms, like Chat GPT, in terms of how much and what kind of information it can access. This is because Google has so much data.
- Bard will be able to break down hard topics into chunks that are easy to understand and good for small talk. The goal is to get information out to more people in a way that is clear and can help everyone learn, even kids. Chat GPT, on the other hand, makes content based on the text prompt.
Conclusion: Google Bard and ChatGPT in Shaping the Future of AI
AI is being used more and more in customer service, and Google Bard and OpenAI’s ChatGPT are two of the most popular ones.
In the future, both Bard and ChatGPT could change the way businesses interact with their customers and clients in new ways. As AI technology keeps getting better, AI models like Bard and ChatGPT will probably get even smarter and be able to do more complicated tasks.
Also, as more companies try to use AI in their work, the demand for AI models like Bard and ChatGPT is likely to keep growing.
Lastly, Microsoft’s possible investment in ChatGPT shows how important AI will be in the future of tech, and it could make the AI market even more competitive. The future of AI looks bright, and it will be interesting to see how Google Bard and OpenAI’s ChatGPT continue to change and affect the market.
Q: Is Bard better than ChatGPT?
Right now, no one can answer this question because Bard hasn’t gone public yet. But if you look at the facts, Bard uses less computing power than ChatGPT, which gives one point to Google. Although OpenAI did release an update earlier this year to improve the chatbot’s accuracy, Google has plenty of data that Bard can use in terms of updated knowledge. People have said that the more data you have, the better the result.
Q: How do ChatGPT and Google Bard work?
Both ChatGPT and Bard are based on Google’s Transformer technology, which was made public in 2017. Transformer technology is an architecture for a neural network that can make predictions based on what it is given. It is mostly used in natural language processing and computer vision technology.
Q: Is ChatGPT free?
ChatGPT is a free platform that was made by Microsoft and OpenAI together. This software can talk to a person one-on-one by using generative AI.
The paid version of ChatGPT, called ChatGPT Plus, was just released by the company. The ChatGPT Plus costs USD 20 per month to subscribe to and is only available in the US right now. Also, people who don’t want to use ChatGPT Plus can keep using the free version.